2.1.Course objectives The goal of the course Anthropological analysis in wrestling is to educate high-quality professional staff with special knowledge related to the anthropological characteristics of wrestlers competing with the different wrestling styles (classic, free and grappling style) i.e. related to the importance of the anthropological characteristics and abilities in wrestling (physical education, competitive wrestling, and other sports in which wrestling has its application value such as military and police).
2.2.Course enrolment requirements and entry competences required for the course Completed Wrestling course
2.3.Learning outcomes at the level of the programme to which the course contributes
By completing the course Anthropological analysis in wrestling, students will acquire proficiency in special knowledge and skills important for defining the importance of anthropological abilities and characteristics in:
- physical education of wrestling - mandatory and extracurricular contents,
- competitive wrestling
- working with specific populations (athletes from different sports in which wrestling techniques can be applied, military and police).
2.4.Learning outcomes expected at the level of the course (4 to 10 learning outcomes)
Students will acquire knowledge about:
- anthropological characteristics of different age category and quality level wrestlers;
- the influence of different anthropological characteristics (equation of specification) on performance in wrestling;
- psychological characteristics of wrestlers and the influence of the psychological and sociological components on the result of the wrestling bout;
- the intarcorrelation of anthropological abilities and characteristics;
- the structure and relations of characteristics, abilities and personal traits;
- the model values of top-level wrestlers;
- the influence of wrestling on the development and maintenance of different anthropological characteristics of wrestlers in younger categories;
- taxonomic analysis of groups of wrestlers based on the basic, specific and situational fitness parameters;
- the analysis and homogenization of relationships within the sport group individuals that make the wrestling team
Students are introduced with the technical characteristics and the way of using the special segments or the whole wrestling motor structures registration and presentation devices.
2.5.Course content broken down in detail by weekly class schedule (syllabus)
Lectures and seminars
1.Anthropological characteristics of different age and different quality level wrestlers (1L+1S)
2.The influence of different anthropological characteristics (equation of specification) on performance in wrestling (1L+1S)
3.Determination of anthropometric, functional, motor, cognitive and conative characteristics of wrestlers (1L+1S)
4.Psychological characteristics of wrestlers and the analysis of the psychological and sociological influence on the result of the judo bout (1L+1S)
5.Intercorrelation between anthropological characteristics (1L+1S)
6.The structure and the relations between characteristics, abilities and personal traits (1L+1S)
7.The model characteristics of different age and different weight categories top-level wrestlers. The orientation and selection of potentially successful wrestlers (1L+1S)
8.Specific anthropological characteristics of wrestlers in different weight categories (1L+1S)
9.Introduction with the specific physical conditioning tests (1L+1S)
10.The professional team co-operation (medical doctor, kinesiologist, psychologist, sociologist) in the process of estimation and evaluation of physical fitness in wrestling (1L+1S)
11.Comparison of the measured anthropological characteristics with the model values of top-level wrestlers (1S)
12.The influence of wrestling on the development and maintenance of different anthropological characteristics of wrestlers in younger categories (1L+1S)
13.Determination of the hypothetical equation of specification in wrestling (1L)
14.The difference in the influence of abilities and characteristics of different weight category wrestlers on the performance in wrestling bout (1S)
15.Taxonomic analysis (type determination) of groups of wrestlers based on the basic, specific and situational fitness parameters (1L+1S)
16.Analysis of relationships within the sport group individuals that make the wrestling team. Homogenization of a sports team (1S)
17.Technical characteristics and the way of using the special segments or the whole wrestling motor structures registration and presentation devices (1L)
- Marić, J., Baić, M., Cvetković, Č. (2007). Primjena hrvanja u ostalim sportovima.
- Marić, J. (1990). Rvanje slobodnim načinom. Zagreb: Sportska tribina.
- Marić, J. (1985). Rvanje klasičnim načinom. Zagreb: Sportska tribina.
- Cvetković, Č., Marić, J., Marelić, N. (2005). Tehnical efficiency of wrestlers in relation to some anthropometric and motor variables. Kinesiology, 37 (1), 74-83.
- Cvetković, Č., Sertić, H., Marić, J., Pekas, D., Baić, M. (2004). Razlike između djece hrvača i nesportaša dobi od 11 godina u nekim antropološkim obilježjima. u: Prskalo, I. (ur.), Zbornik radova Međunarodnog znanstveno-stručnog skupa Peti dani Mate Demarina škola i razvoj, Topusko, 13. i 14. svibnja 2004. Petrinja: Visoka učiteljska škola; Zagreb: Hrvatski pedagoško-književni zbor, 172-176.
- Yoon (2002). Physiological Profiles of Elite Senior Wrestlers Sports Medicine, Volume 32, 225-234.
- Kraemer, W. J., Fry, A. C., Rubin, M. R., Mcbride, T. T., Gordon, S. E., Koziris, L. P., Lynch, J. M., Volek, J. S., Meuffels, D. E., Newton, R. U., Fleck, S. J. (2001). Physiological and Performance Responses to Tournament Wrestling. Med. Sci. Sports. Exerc., 33 (8): 1367-1378.
- Petrov, R., Dobrev, D., Berberov, N., Makaveev, O. (1977). Svobodna i klasičeska borba. Sofija: Medicina i fizkultura. (prijevod na hrvatski s bugarskog)